[Mailman-Users] MailMan and Exim (local delivery problem)

Ryan Tracey ryant at thawte.com
Wed Nov 24 12:36:20 CET 1999

Hi

I have MailMan 1.1-1 and Exim 3.03-4 installed. Exim is fully installed
and configured. I though MailMan was too...

I have created a list and have subscribed to it. The user gets a
confirmation email and responds.  However, from taking a look at the
Exim paniclog, it appears that for some reason the mail is not delivered
properly. See the /var/log/exim/paniclog excerpt.
1999-11-24 13:08:16 11mEMl-0007BO-00 Neither the system_aliases director
nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery of
|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd develtest

The /etc/alias file contains the correct MailMan aliases and I've run
the checkperms script. I believe I have the correct users and groups set
up. Is there anything else I can check?

Thanks and regards,
Ryan