[Mailman-Users] Admin Passwords?

Kevin of Thornbury kevin at maxson.com
Tue Nov 23 19:05:45 CET 1999

Curt Hagenlocher wrote:

> I'm using mailman 1.1 under Linux.  In order to get rid of the daily email
> containing the exception for time.str?time, I replaced Python 1.5.1 with
> 1.5.2.  Ever since then, I have been unable to log into any of the
> administrative web pages.  I always get "Sorry, wrong password".
> (These incorrect logins aren't traced... should they be.)
>
> I don't know if the Python upgrade is related to the password problem,
> but the timing sure is coincidental.  How can I change the admin
> passwords to something that will work?  I have root, which I'm sure
> will help ;).
>
> --
> Curt Hagenlocher
> curth at motek.com

You'll want to run ~mailman/bin/mmsitepass.

My trouble is that I can get in with the sire administrator password
ONLY.  When I create a new list, I can't use the list admin password,
and don't know how to give out passwords for list-only administrators
without giving out the entire site password (which I won't do, so it's a
maintenance headache for me personally).
_____
|_|_|  Kevin of Thornbury
 \|/   kevin at maxson.com   http://www.atlantia.sca.org