[Mailman-Users] Mailman customization

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Mon Nov 22 13:07:19 CET 1999

Quoting Thiébaut Champenier (CHAMPETH at e-i.com):
> Hi all,
>
> I have a customer with very special needs (as usual with customers:)
> for one of his Mailing Lists: he needs a "diffusion only" list:
>
> * only the list admins can subscribe/unsubscribe users, no
>   user confirmation is required,
>
> * only a few users are allowed to post to the list (1 or 2 of the
>   admins in fact),
>
> * users have no password, they just don't know they're on a ML,
>
> * no welcome email on subscription, no monthly reminder, no subject
>   line prefix, etc..

All of those things appear to be options on 1.1 lists already, with no code
changes required.  Except the no password thing.  But if they aren't modifying
their own options, they don't need to know that they have a password.

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
SETI at Home:  Finally a *good* way to impress Jodie Foster