[jefu at cs20.eou.edu: Re: [Mailman-Users] problem...]

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Thu Nov 18 21:56:31 CET 1999

----- Forwarded message from that jefu guy <jefu at cs20.eou.edu> -----
To: Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>
cc: jefu at cs20.eou.edu
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] problem...
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:49:47 -0800
From: that jefu guy <jefu at cs20.eou.edu>

> > I've just installed mailman on a linux machine (redhat 6.0) and the
> > web pages show up, the subscriptions seem to work, but mail send to
> > a list does not work at all.   The mail error log just says
> > "operating system error".  The system "messages" file doesnt show
> > anything.

> You have to put a symlink between the executable "wrapper" and /etc/smrsh or
> sendmail can't execute it.

> cd /etc/smrsh
> ln -s /pl/mailman/mail/wrapper wrapper

Yup - that fixed it.  thanks.

jefu
--
jefu -- jeff putnam -- jefu at eou.edu -- http://cs.eou.edu/~jefu
----- End forwarded message -----

This question has come up a couple of times in the last month.  Should it go
in the FAQ, or at least in the README.linux?

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
SETI at Home:  Finally a *good* way to impress Jodie Foster