[Mailman-Users] User accounts instead of EMail addresses

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Nov 11 16:42:43 CET 1999

    A> Here is an idea which suddenly stuck me because many users have
    A> more then one email account or they frequently change their
    A> account: How about giving them a Mailman "account" which
    A> contains an EMail address to which to send mails for them ?

Definitely high on the wish list.  I nearly considered hacking this in
but I think I'm going to wait until I experiment with architecting
Mailman on the Zope platform.  The advantage here is that you get all
the benefits of a real transactional, multithreading, object oriented
database underneath.

-Barry