[Mailman-Users] Cabalists and Users, A question of usage...

Mike Richardson doctor at kira.mcc.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 18:19:24 CET 1999

On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 09:00:03AM -0800, Dan Busarow wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Robert Baskerville wrote:
> > Mike Richardson (Hi Mike!) wrote:
> > > We are looking to use mailman for a large project and I need some
> > > assurances to its pedigree, scalability, reliability and speed.
> > > We would want to know it could handle 1000+ lists, 200K members and
> > > 25,000 incoming messages per month with a possible 6 fold increase
> > > over the next 5 years.
> >
> > I believe this project might also benefit from the facility of handling
> > lists in multiple domains on a single system. Has *nobody* tried this?
>
> We do.  I'm sure plenty of others do too.  What kind of problems
> are you having?

No problems, we just wanted to know if it was possible. We currently
have a multidomain mailing list machine running majordomo and we wanted
to know if there was a possibility of running the same service
with mailman...

Thanks

Mike
Copyright 1999 Mike Richardson, Rm G100D, Manchester Computing
University of Manchester, M13 9PL. doctor at mcc.ac.uk, 0161 275-6009