[Mailman-Users] Questions from a majordomo user

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Tue Nov 9 13:18:19 CET 1999

A couple of questions as I transition my lists from majordomo to mailman:

- One of the things I do with my majordomo lists is I have a list of alternative
addresses that people post from, as well as the ones they actually receive
email at.  I maintain those lists manually, which isn't too onerous.  Can I do
something similar with mailman, or do I have to get all the subscribers to
subscribe their alternate email addresses and disable mail delivery for those
addresses?  Since it's *me* that's going to have to do the work to approve
their posts, they don't have much incentive to do that.  How do others do
this?

- Is there a way to approve posts via email?  Under majordomo, I got an email
notification of an unapproved post, and I just hit "|approve" to pipe it
through a script that approves it.  I find that a lot easier than going to a
web page.

- Is there any way to make digests less frequent than daily?  I have some
lists that some people have expressed a preference for weekly digests.

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
SETI at Home:  Finally a *good* way to impress Jodie Foster