[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman-Users digest, Vol 1 #376 - 9 msgs

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.edu
Tue Nov 2 20:12:55 CET 1999

Need installation help.

I ran configure without any options because (a) I'm using
sendmail and the default user:group is daemon:daemon (the
with-mail-gid default) and (b) Apache' Group variable is
det to nobody, the --with-cgi-gid default).

bin/check_perms didn't like the group value; it wanted
'mailman'! So bin/check_perms -f "fixed" that.

I created a test group and got the URL about list admin.
The error message was

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 11, GOT gid 70.
(Reconfigure to take 70?)

11 is other (!); 70 is mailman.

I'm confused.

Thanks for the help.