[Mailman-Users] Mail wrapper and GID error

Phillip Porch root at theporch.com
Wed May 26 13:14:25 CEST 1999

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Mark wrote:

> When I run configure, it automatically picks 12 as the GID for mail but if
> I try any other GID including 2 with ./configure --with-mail-gid
> it says configure: error:
> ***** No existing group found for the mail_wrapper program.

The command is

./configure --with-mail-gid=2  (for example)

> I've tried every GID I have! :) None of them work though. SO I guess what I
> need to know is how the heck do I find (or make) the proper group/GID that
> sendmail uses?

Look in the /etc/sendmail.cf file and it will have a line that looks like

O DefaultUser=nouser:nogroup

the nouser is the uid and nogroup is the gid. You can then look in your
/etc/group file to see what number the nogroup corresponds to.

--
Phillip P. Porch <root at sco.theporch.com>  NIC:PP1573     finger for
http://www.theporch.com  UTM - 16 514548E 3994397N          PGP key