[Mailman-Users] nesting lists

Dan Busarow dan at dpcsys.com
Fri May 21 21:50:25 CEST 1999

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Dominic Martinelli wrote:
> However, I ran into one major problem.
>
> I am in the process of trying to migrate a complicated sendmail alias scheme
> to mailman. Currently we have a hierarchy of aliases. For example, a top
> level alias will point to lower level ones.
>
> The problem that I have is that when I nest lists with mailman, if someone
> is on more than one of the bottom level lists, they will get duplicate
> messages. Is there anyway for mailman not to send out duplicates in this case?
>
> Also, it is not possible to not have people on more than one of the lower
> level lists, so making sure that there are not duplicates is not an option.

Try lowering MAX_SPAWNS (1 should almost certainly work) and/or
raising SMTP_MAX_RCPTS

You need to let sendmail see the duplicates and sort it out.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan at dpcsys.com