[Mailman-Users] Multilingual support

Victoriano Giralt vic at vgg.sci.uma.es
Wed May 19 15:07:19 CEST 1999

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Oliver Gassner wrote:

> >My name is Adonis.  I am new to Mailman, and wanted to know if Multilingual
> >support of lists is already incorporated.  I saw some posts about this in
>
> I am not a tech-person; I 'just' wanna run a list. (I am running
> severeal Mailman-Lists already, but at least opne ought to be in
> German...)

Greetings, I must step forward. I had contacted the core developers
privately to start a project to get multilingual suppuort into Mailman. I
have got a possible asignement from which I could move some funding intro
the project. We are in the phase of defining a procedure to do it so it
won't have to be redone with every new release or with every new language.

Onece we have a plan we will write a proposal and submit it for public
review. As our main taget language is spanish, we will need to support
ISO-8859-1.

--
Victoriano Giralt
Systems Programmer