[Mailman-Users] problems setting up..

Jean-Francois Malouin Jean-Francois.Malouin at bic.mni.mcgill.ca
Thu May 13 18:29:46 CEST 1999

On Thu, May 13, 1999 at 08:58:19AM -0700, Tom Bowman wrote:
> I just installed mailman on a slackware Linux box i am running.. it's
> currently using sendmail 8.9.3/8.9.3 ..
> if i send an email to the list i have setup (which appears to be setup
> properly)
> i get this error in my /var/adm/maillog:

[...snip...]

Check the permissions on *all* path components
from / to /personal/mailman/mail/wrapper.

Sendmail 8.9.x is very picky about group/world writable directories for
delivery via pipes to programs (among other things).
You might have to start fiddling with DontBlameSendmail option.

HTH,
jf
--
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
                                                       - Phillip K. Dick