[Mailman-Users] mailman, postifx, and bsdos3

Tue Mar 30 02:49:43 CEST 1999

Hi, thanks for replying.

However, I *do* have the latest Python installed; downloaded from
python.org and compiled today.  'make test' was successful, with the
exception of several references to optional components, etc.

At 07:35 PM 3/29/99 , Viktor Szathmary wrote:
>hi,
>
>> Traceback (innermost last):
>>   File "./newlist", line 141, in ?
>>     raise SystemExit(main(sys.argv))
>>   File "./newlist", line 91, in main
>>     newlist.Create(list_name, owner_mail, pw)
>>   File "/u1/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 658, in Create
>>     self.Lock()
>>   File "/u1/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1213, in Lock
>>     self._lock_file.lock('w|', 1)
>>   File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/posixfile.py", line 190, in lock
>>     flock = fcntl.fcntl(self._file_.fileno(), cmd, flock)
>> IOError: (22, 'Invalid argument')
>
>AFAIK, this problem will go away, if you install the latest version of
>python.
>
>cu
>	viktor

-----
George M. Ellenburg                                    Tel: +1 407 438 6710
Systems Administrator,                                 Fax: +1 407 438 6714
Sundial Internet Services,                             WWW: www.sundial.net
a Division of Micro Mainframe Technology, Inc.