[Mailman-Users] mailman, postifx, and bsdos3

Mon Mar 29 19:31:42 CEST 1999

Greetings!

At the request of some of my customers, I've recently installed mailman on
BSD 3.1, with Postfix beta-19990317-pl02 as the transport.

Frankly, I'm a little confused with regards to the install instructions.
Was wondering if anyone can provide some elightenment.

I'm getting the following error when trying to create a test list:
sundial:~/bin $ whoami
mailman
sundial:~/bin $ ./newlist
Enter the name of the list: test
Enter the email of the person running the list: gme at caffeine.sundial.net
Initial test password: testpassword
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./newlist", line 141, in ?
    raise SystemExit(main(sys.argv))
  File "./newlist", line 91, in main
    newlist.Create(list_name, owner_mail, pw)
  File "/u1/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 658, in Create
    self.Lock()
  File "/u1/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 1213, in Lock
    self._lock_file.lock('w|', 1)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/posixfile.py", line 190, in lock
    flock = fcntl.fcntl(self._file_.fileno(), cmd, flock)
IOError: (22, 'Invalid argument')
sundial:~/bin $

-----
George M. Ellenburg                                    Tel: +1 407 438 6710
Systems Administrator,                                 Fax: +1 407 438 6714
Sundial Internet Services,                             WWW: www.sundial.net
a Division of Micro Mainframe Technology, Inc.