[Mailman-Users] Bouncing Problem

Terry Grace tgrace at tgrace.com
Sat Mar 27 13:49:37 CET 1999

I seem to have a problem with automatically disabling list subscriptions on
bounces. Some disable fine while others will not disable at all. In
~/mailman/logs/bounce I get the following in response to a single post:

Mar 23 12:52:43 1999  Nortel-list: user at domain.com - 1 more allowed
Mar 23 13:52:22 1999  Nortel-list: user at domain.com - 1 more allowed
Mar 23 13:52:23 1999  Nortel-list: user at domain.com - 1 more allowed
Mar 23 14:52:25 1999  Nortel-list: user at domain.com - 1 more allowed
Mar 23 21:52:22 1999  Nortel-list: user at domain.com - 1 more allowed

Sometimes it says 0 allowed. Some are the result of deferred connections
(4xx?) while others are the results of no route to host (5xx?). I also get
lots of 550 User Unknowns returned but the subscriptions are only
occassionally disabled.

Becoming a royal pain as these e-mails stay in the queue for quite awhile
and every failed attempt gets copied to postmaster. Don't want to manually
unsubscribe members unless I have to.

Anyone have any ideas?