[Mailman-Users] Sugestions

Edgard Castro castro at usmatrix.net
Wed Mar 17 18:18:31 CET 1999

On Wed, Mar 17, 1999 at 03:43:06PM -0000, bruce at hams.com wrote:
>    Those are:   Disable sorting of recipients when injecting
>          the messages. This will help using less
>          memory when using MTAs like Postfix or QMail.
>
> I don't think this has been addressed as an option yet.
>
> Can someone please explain to me how this is going to have a serious effect
> on memory use? If the problem is that some software is going to try to sort
> an already-sorted list, I would not suggest worrying about it.

	The problem is not sort a already-sorted list, but SORT at all.

	Postfix and QMail for example, have a better way to delivery
	the messages without the need to sort them by domain or any
	other kind of kludge. Sorting by domain is GREAT if you use
	sendmail, but with other MTAs, is just a waste of resources.

e.
--
Edgard Castro <castro at usmatrix.net> | 305-273-5003      -o)
Chief Network Engineer - U.S. Matrix Internet, Inc.     /\\