[Mailman-Users] [Q]: Problem with trying to create first mailing-list

Sean O'Neill soneill at cen.com
Wed Mar 17 05:33:49 CET 1999

I just installed Mailman on my system and got Apache working correctly  but
I'm have a problem getting the bin/newlist python script to work correctly.
I get the following error when trying to run it:

$ /home/mailman/bin/newlist
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/bin/newlist", line 38, in ?
    from Mailman.pythonlib import getpass
ImportError: No module named Mailman.pythonlib

I've confirmed that there is a Mailman directory with a pythonlib
subdirectory which contains two files: getpass.py and getpass.pyc.  Doing a
file on both of them tells me that the getpass.pyc is a "compiled" python
script.

I'm new at python so be gentle.  Hopefully this is something fairly easy.
I've looked at the Installation instructions multiple times and I don't
think I missed anything.

Any help appreciated.

Sean O'Neill
AppNet, Inc.