[Mailman-Users] 1.0b9 trouble

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Tue Mar 9 20:52:08 CET 1999

    AW> Hi there...

    AW> I've been trying to get 1.0b9 to work on my SuSE Linux box, it
    AW> installs and compiles fine, following the guidelines from the
    AW> INSTALL file, up to the point where a site password has to be
    AW> set, where the following error occurs:

    AW> mailman at underworld:/home/mailman/mailman-1.0b9/bin >
    AW> ./mmsitepass password Traceback (innermost last):
    |   File "./mmsitepass", line 26, in ?
    |     import paths
    AW> ImportError: No module named paths

    AW> The box is runing python 1.5.1, kernel 2.0.36, and sendmail
    AW> 8.9.2.  Any help would be greatly appreciated (please cc any
    AW> replies as I'm not a member of this list).

Sounds like the installation failed some place.  Or are you running
mmsitepass out of the directory you unpacked the source in, not the
directory you installed to?

If /home/mailman/mailman-1.0b9/bin has no paths.py file, then one of
those two scenarios are likely.  If you ran configure without using
the --prefix option, then you installed Mailman into /home/mailman so
you should run mmsitepass from /home/mailman/bin.

-Barry