[Mailman-Users] Mailman customizations...

Greg Connor gconnor at nekodojo.org
Mon Mar 1 08:10:04 CET 1999

Greg Stein wrote:
>This seems overkill. Why don't you simply have the form post to that
>other machine? Why monkey with SSH setups and simulating a CGI on the
>target machine? That seems like a very non-intuitive approach.
>
>This is something like the second or third time where I've heard people
>wanting to use SSH to communicate to the other machine. Just post the
>form over there.

The only reason I can think of to do something like this is if you want to
install Mailman on a machine where you don't have a web server (or there is
a web server, but you want to keep Mailman and the existing Web server
separate).

Still, I would rather just put up a web server on another port than have to
connect from scripts on another machine with ssh or something.  If you
don't have permission from the owner to install a web server, you probably
wouldn't be installing Mailman either :)

hmmm...