[Mailman-Users] Latest mailman not getting authorization cookies

Chris Albone yvain at gmp.usyd.edu.au
Mon Jun 28 08:59:39 CEST 1999

Hi All,

    We are seeing the same sort of problem, both with a somewhat modified
version of one of the more recent mailman betas, and mailman-1.0rc2. Its an odd
problem. I don't seem to see the problem at all, no matter what version of
netscape that I use (I use 4.6 for linuxppc, 4.6 for macos and 4.5 for macos on
different machines.)

Other information that may well help... I've noticed few, if any problems if I
try and admin lists using the site password as opposed to the individual list
passwords. Another possibility: if it is only some users and not all that are
experiencing problems using the admin functions, is it possible that a proxy
between them and mailman could be eating or otherwise interfering with cookies?
In another installation of mailman,we noticed that there were problems with
mailman not seeing cookies when requests to the mailman server were going
through a web proxy, but when using the same version of netscape from a
different machine (that was speaking to mailman directly) we had no problems at
all.

Unfortunately, python looks like structured line noise to me  ( ;-) ) , i'll
not be much use debugging code

peace
Chris