[Mailman-Users] Wrapper error

Tom Hallewell hallewellt at rfa.org
Mon Jun 21 05:09:40 CEST 1999

Mailman has been working great for several months until I made a couple
of changes on the server.
I had been getting tons of mail errors because the hostname was actually
an ALIAS according to DNS, so I changed the hostname to the CNAME and
stopped getting the errors.  Around that same time, I upgraded to RedHat
6.0.   Somewhere along the line, I started getting this error everytime
anyone tries to post to any of our lists:

"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post be-install"
    (expanded from: <be-install at techops.rfa.org>)

sh: wrapper not available for sendmail programs
554 "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post be-install"... Service unavailable

Reading between the lines :), it appears that for some reason sendmail
is no longer allowing wrappers.  Any ideas?
--
Tom Hallewell
Lead Technical Engineer

(202) 530-4976