[Mailman-Users] Re: Failed to access config info? [problems w/ qmail]

Roy Rapoport rsr at inorganic.org
Fri Jun 18 11:42:32 CEST 1999

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Roy Rapoport wrote:
> I'm attempting to use mailman using qmail and running into some
> problems.
>
> My suspicion is that it's based on the fact that while sendmail runs
> under UID 0 -- meaning it has no permission problems EVER -- qmail
> is running under the qmaill userID -- a regular user.  In either
> case, I'm getting the following errors in my log:

Sorry for the followup, but this looks like it's fixed now.  What I did to
fix it:
A) Manually touched ~mailman/logs/error and ~mailman/logs/post
B) chmod'ed 777 the two files above.
C) Made mail/wrapper mode 6755 (so it's setuid also)

This seems to have gotten me to the point where:
A) list administration via the web works;
B) email to the list is going through and out.

The only problem remaining is that mass subscribes of users do not result in
all the users getting the welcome message.  ARGH!

Boy, this was so much easier on sendmail.

-roy