[Mailman-Users] MMBadEmailError (I think)

Roy Rapoport rsr at inorganic.org
Wed Jun 16 11:36:21 CEST 1999

An inauspicious beginning.

I'm trying to install and configure mailman 1.0rc2  on a machine
running Solaris 2.6 with qmail.  For what it's worth, it's a fresh
machine and I've been a qmail user for, oh, about two hours :).
Python is at 1.5.2

When I try to add a mailing list, I get some Python errors (this
seems to be an argument for not using tools written in a language I
don't know):

---
46 fold ~/bin > ./newlist
Enter the name of the list: testlist
Enter the email of the person running the list: rsr
Initial testlist password: f00bar
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "./newlist", line 141, in ?
    raise SystemExit(main(sys.argv))
  File "./newlist", line 91, in main
    newlist.Create(list_name, owner_mail, pw)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 717, in Create
   Utils.ValidateEmail(admin)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py", line 292, in ValidateEmail
    raise Errors.MMBadEmailError
Mailman.Errors.MMBadEmailError
47 fold ~/bin >
---