[Mailman-Users] Update vs Install

Richard Ames richard at linsup.com
Tue Jun 15 22:26:34 CEST 1999

Josh -

After reading the INSTALL and UPGRADING files in rc2, I concluded that all I
needed to do was './configure' and then 'make install'.  This worked well
for me (I have a virgin install of rc1).

The note at the end of the 'make install' output said to do 'make upgrade'
which I then did. It spewed some confusing output about how my lists were
all OK - I concluded that 'make update' was for converting lists from an old
format that I don't have....

Regards,

Richard.

Richard Ames
linsup.com, Sydney, Australia
Tel: +61 2 9144-6131, Fax: +61 2 9144-6138
mailto:richard at linsup.com   http://www.linsup.com