[Mailman-Users] Newbie question

Harald Meland Harald.Meland at usit.uio.no
Tue Jun 15 19:45:26 CEST 1999

[Scott Kruger]

> I just set up Mailman under Debian Linux using smail.  I set up a
> users mailing list but right now it is not working - obviously
> because I have not set up the mail alias.  Is this automated in any
> way by mailman?  It seems like such a nice package there must be
> some way of having this automated.  smail allows the creation of
> lists just by putting a file with the email addresses in
> /etc/smail/lists Is there an easy way of doing this?

I think there used to be, and it was disabled for some reason or other
(maybe it broke stuff on non-sendmail installations?) -- but that was
before my time with Mailman.  Thus, currently there is no such
support.

A suitably MTA-independent (well, with hooks for each supported MTA
would be more likely :) mechanism to do this would be great to have,
IMHO.  Any takers?
--
Harald