[Mailman-Users] Permissions problems

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Tue Jun 15 11:29:56 CEST 1999

Unless the permissions settings are simplified and explained clearly,
they are an absolute waste of time and serve only to reduce security.
>From reading the past postings on the list, I'm sure I'm not alone in
this frustration. Every time I have installed a new update, I have
had to spend litterally hours fighting with permissions issues.
Several times I have ended up just setting everything to world
writable in order to keep the system running. If I fix one part of
it, it breaks another. PLEASE if the install scripts can't be made to
set permissions and ownership correctly then at least document
CLEARLY who needs to own what and what permissions are necessary.

Richard B. Pyne, KB7RMU
rpyne at kinfolk.org
http://pyne.kinfolk.org/rbp2