[Mailman-Users] Re: [Mailman-Users] Lack of RFC822 compliant date header

Matthew Darwin matthew at davin.ottawa.on.ca
Tue Jun 15 04:07:49 CEST 1999

>From
http://www.ornl.gov/its/archives/mailing-lists/qmail/1997/03/msg00576.html

<< qmail doesn't munge messages.  If the messages arrive over SMTP, they
are assumed to be RFC-compliant (if they aren't RFC-compliant, why is the
SMTP client sending them??). >>

So either mailman needs to deliver locally (via qmail-inject) or
generate RFC 822 Date: headers.

I also notice that pipermail is broken.  My original message is archived
in two pieces:

http://www.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/1999-June/001436.html
http://www.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/1999-June/001437.html

--
Matthew Darwin                            Westend Family Cinema
Community Volunteer                       The home of great family movies!
matthew at davin.ottawa.on.ca                cinema at flora.org
http://www.davin.ottawa.on.ca/~matthew/   http://www.flora.org/cinema/