[Mailman-Users] Approved messages in wrong order

David Gilbert dgilbert at velocet.ca
Mon Jun 7 15:53:39 CEST 1999

Per> It seems to me that approved messages are sent to the list in the
Per> reverse order to that in which they came in when they are
Per> approved at the same time.

Per> It's not a big issue, but I think it would be nicer if they are
Per> sent out in the same order as they are in the to-be-approved
Per> queue instead.

This may entirely be due to your MTA, not mailman (although there may
be an interaction as well).  On Sendmail, the relavant option is
OHoldExpensive=true.  What happens is that your newly approved
messages get into the mail queue and are held... then when they
finally go, they go in reverse order simply due to mail queue
processing.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Velocet Communications.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dgilbert at velocet.net             |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.velocet.net/~dgilbert             |   are precisely opposite.  |