[Mailman-Users] Dropped SMTP Connections

Dave Cinege dcinege at psychosis.com
Wed Jun 2 06:32:57 CEST 1999

Tomaz Borstnar wrote:

> At 22:24 1.6.99 , Jerry Alexandratos wrote the following message:
> >May 25 15:23:21 1999 TrySMTPDelivery:
> >Mailman.pythonlib.smtplib.SMTPServerDisconnected  / Connection
> >unexpectedly closed  (dequeued)
> >Any ideas what could be causing this and what I can do to fix it?
>
> Did it work before? Maybe problems with standard conformance? I had such
> problems with mailman and zmailer where zmailer wasn't happy with mailman
> being sloppy.
>
> Do you have any logs from exim?

I think I saw this too. (Though in eximon).
I commented out: recipients_max = 15 and I *THINK* that is what stopped
it. If that was not it it was because I set SMTPHOST to my host name instead of
local host. (Those are the only two things I remember changing before I didnt'
see it anymore)

--
http://www.linuxrouter.org/     Linux Router Project

marshall.us-state.gov - - [26/Apr/1999:09:27:40 -0400] "GET /robots.txt
HTTP/1.0" 302 211