[Mailman-Users] Re: users object to [listname] prefix

sen_ml at eccosys.com sen_ml at eccosys.com
Fri Jul 30 07:19:14 CEST 1999

At around Thu, 29 Jul 1999 23:12:14 -0400 (EDT),
 Darren Henderson <darren at jasper.somtel.com> may have mentioned:

> On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, John Viega wrote:
>
> > Most people will prefer it, since it will help them visually filter
>
> Just to offer a voice of descent.... ;) I don't care for it all that much
> as I sort incoming list messages into their own folders, so its pretty
> much wasted bytes. But its a trivial thing.

it's nice for visually filtering, yes.  if you don't visually filter,
it can be a pain.  as mentioned before, limited subject column space for
many a mail reader...

it would be really nice to be able to set this per user from the user
perspective.

better still i think would be a message header indicating what list
the message is from, client software that displays this header, and
peace on earth, and carp and perch and trout and ... bream ;-)