[Mailman-Users] Regarding Internationalization

Glen Malley glen at ranma.interq.or.jp
Fri Jul 30 06:34:20 CEST 1999

For the record, I did some hunting and came across a page
which contains modified source files for Python which
enable Japanese to be handled nicely by the string and
token handlers. After re-compiling Python 1.52 using the
substitute source files (stringobject.c, compile.c, tokenizer.c)
I found that Python readily accepts Japanese characters.
Upon sending a test message or three to my temporary mailing
lists, I found that Mailman also processes the characters perfectly
now.
I am now a happy camper. ;-)

The page is listed below, though I warn you it is entirely in
Japanese:

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA010598/python/pylha32.htm