[Mailman-Users] Leading space problem?

Igor S. Livshits igorl at life.uiuc.edu
Sat Jul 24 01:43:39 CEST 1999

Hi,

Somehow, newlist managed to create a list with a leading space in its
name -- I am not exactly sure how this happened. As I tried to access
said list via the web interface, a few things went awry which may
have led to a large chunk of my Mailman files and directories getting
erased.

Unfortunately, I do not have the exact steps which led to the
demolition. I just restored my Mailman hierarchy from backups.

However, it would be nice if Mailman:

1. Checked for spaces in list names and made sure no such lists were
ever created

and/or

2. Properly translated spaces within URLs to %20

Thanks, igor