[Mailman-Users] Performance question

Dave Cinege dcinege at psychosis.com
Thu Jul 22 00:54:22 CEST 1999

"Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

> you'd want to look at MHonArc or Hypermail.

Hypermail (when I used it) was crap! I use MHonArc now, and like it's
frames output. I have archives here: http://www.linuxrouter.org/listarch/

> I have no personal experience with either approach, but I will
> probably look at doing #2 for python.org sometime in the near future.

I use it like this:

linux-router:		linux-router-archive, "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post linux-router"
linux-router-archive:	"|/usr/bin/mhonarc -add -outdir /home/www/listarch/linux-router/current -rcfile /home/www/listarch/linux-router/frames.rc -definevars "MAIN-TITLE='Linux Router Mail Archive'""

This archives post before filtering, but this prevents list header and
footer additions. And alternative would be to just subscribe
linux-router-archive at linuxrouter.org to the list.

If you'd like my auto monthly (or weekly) rotation cron script just ask.

FYI listarch/ is what I originally started with back several years ago.
In apache config I created a /pipermail/ -> /listarch/ alias so the
mailman pages are happy.

--
http://www.linuxrouter.org/     Linux Router Project

Over 750,000 people are now in jail for consensual 'crimes'. 2 million more
are now on parole or probation. 4 million more will be arrested this year.
Would someone please remind how 'free' America is again?