[Mailman-Users] Performance question

Ricardo Kustner ricardo at miss-janet.com
Wed Jul 21 22:55:55 CEST 1999

On 21-Jul-99 Jeff Barger wrote:
> Just wondering, what are the biggest lists that anyone is running
> though mailman? I've got a non-profit group I'm getting ready to set
> a list up for and their current sub list is approx. 100,000 but with
> pretty light traffic (2-3 messages/day). No archiving or anything,
> just message delivery. Should mailman handle this ok or am I asking
> for trouble?

well personally i'm not satisfied yet with mailman's performance in my setup
... but that's also because it's just a P100 with 64mb and the server has some
other work to do too plus we're moderating the list, which sometimes means we
send 10 or more message at the same time to all the subscribers... at those
moments the load on the machine grows terribly high and sometimes it even makes
my fastcgi scripts die :(
Anyway, maybe you have to test it first... or maybe other people have better
reallife experience with many users? python.org?

Ricardo.