[Mailman-Users] Newbie Question: Is Sub Confirmation Required?

Darrin Wortlehock darrin at aurum.net.au
Sat Jul 17 17:35:24 CEST 1999

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but the documentation seems sparse atm... :)

I run a small, business centric ISP in regional Western Australia.  I have a
customer who wants to establish an announce-only list service, with
subscription from a simple form on their remotely hosted web site.

The customer's site is running qmail for an MTA and we have tried using
ezmlm for the list.

The problem is that the customer is absolutely definitely adament (beyond
persuasion otherwise) that they do NOT want list subscribers to have to
reply to a confirmation message before being added to the list.

I have tried to convince the customer on the technical and security merit of
subscription confirmation, but he will not budge.

My question therefore is:

Is it possible to configure a mailman list to not require return
confirmation messages for subscription from a web form?

Thanks.

Darrin.