[Mailman-Users] confirmation e-mail problem

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre at deirdre.net
Fri Jul 9 20:14:32 CEST 1999

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Patrick Wagner wrote:

> I have mailman setup properly. But when I go to sign someone up the user
> gets a confirmation e-mail that goes to newsletter-request at rapidtraffic.com
> (newsletter is the name of the list.)
>
> The message bounces back because that address doesn't exist.

It sounds like you either a) didn't add the aliases to your MTA's config
file or b) didn't let your MTA know you updated your aliases.

For sendmail, this is usually adding them to /etc/aliases and, for many
versions of sendmail, you need to run newaliases.

> Do I create it manually or should the program?

Sounds like you forgot a step. :)

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"I have a simple rule in life: If I don't understand something, it must be