[Mailman-Users] help me decode a 'We're sorry, we hit a bug!" message

Joshua S. Freeman jfreeman at scansoft.com
Tue Jul 6 21:01:22 CEST 1999

One of our subscribers writes:

 "I was changing my e-mail address and having un-
 subscribed from the old one, I was setting up for the new one. I entered my
 addy and pass code, hit subscribe and got this message. Hope this helps!!"

below is the message he received.  Can someone please check it out and tell
me if I need to fix anything?

I've been over and over it, I can see that something happened at line 112 in
one script and line 157 in another and that for some reason it didn't like
that this person was trying to subscribe to the digest, but... what should I
do about it?

Thanks,

J.

----

> Environment variables:
>       Variable Value
>       DOCUMENT_ROOT  /home/mailman/htdocs
>       HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING  gzip, deflate
>       CONTENT_LENGTH  71
>       CONTENT_TYPE  application/x-www-form-urlencoded
>       PATH_TRANSLATED  /home/mailman/htdocs/howdoi
>       REMOTE_ADDR  63.14.37.70
>       SERVER_PROTOCOL  HTTP/1.1
>       HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE  en-us
>       GATEWAY_INTERFACE  CGI/1.1
>       SERVER_PORT  80
>       HTTP_CONNECTION  Keep-Alive
>       HTTP_USER_AGENT  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98;
MCIWORLDV2)