[Mailman-Users] Mailman oddity... again...

Mike Cisar mcisar at starmania.net
Sun Jul 4 03:42:11 CEST 1999

Have run across another oddity trying to get Mailman installed and
running... as background the system is running Redhat Linux 6.0.  The system
is running as stage2.starmania.net but also virtualhosts lists.starmania.com
(the virtual host where the lists will be running).  I've just pulled down
the latest CVS version of Mailman, to make sure I'm as current as
possible...

I seem to be running into a problem where mailman thinks it knows where it
is sometimes, but not others... take as an example the subscription
confirmation request message shown below.  In the text portion of the
message all is as it should be (all addresses pointing to
@lists.starmania.com) but the message headers are a different story, they
are all pointing to @starmania.net (a completely different machine, which is
probably why this problem became evident).  Looking in MailList.py
(somewhere around line 879) I can see that self.GetRequestEmail() and
self.GetAdminEmail() seem to be called to fill in the blanks in both the
headers and the body of the message... so the question (I think) is why
self.host_name is returning 2 different sets of values?  That, I am afraid,
is the limit of my debugging skill... hopefully the grand Mailman gurus can
figure out what's happening from there!

-- message clip, unimportant parts <..SNIP..>ped for brevity --
<..SNIP..>