[Mailman-Users] password problems on new install

George Feil hacker at stardragon.com
Thu Jul 1 20:39:30 CEST 1999

I was experiencing the same problem, and just fixed it.  The cause seems to
be the fact that I had two versions of python (1.5.1, from the RedHat 5.2
installation, and 1.5.2, which I compiled myself).

Check to see if you have multiple versions of python installed, particularly
in different directories (/usr/local/bin and /usr/bin were the culprits in
my case).

George Feil
Chief Hacker
Stardragon Consulting, Inc.