[Mailman-Users] Bug in b7?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Jan 13 04:05:05 CET 1999

    JW> 1) Even if a person is subscribed to a list it keeps the
    JW> message and sends me a "administrator needs to approve"
    JW> message.  This is the most serious bug, as I have many many
    JW> lists this is already eating up a lot of my time.  :)

So just to be clear, you have "posts approved by admin" set to no,
"restrict postings" to yes, and the person sending to the list is a
member.

I think this harks back to Harald's message, and I must admit that it
is confusing how the three "General posting filter" options interact.
I'm not sure *I* even understand (hey, Ken, Scott & John, feel free to
pipe in :-).

My understanding is if you've got "approved by admin" set to yes, then
no matter what the setting of "restrict" and the sender's list
membership, all postings require the approval.  However, if the sender
is explicitly enumerated in the third option, no approval is
necessary.

And I've probably got that wrong.  We need to do a better job of
either describing how these options interact, or find a better
interface and mechanism for specifying the various options.

    JW> 2) When I hit the listinfo page <whatever>/mailman/listinfo
    JW> the publicly displayable lists (marked as so in the privacy
    JW> options) do not show up.

I've never seen that happen.  So none of your lists are showing up on
the general page?  Are you seeing any errors in the logs/error file?
If not, we'll have to get our hands dirty!

-Barry