[Mailman-Users] bad address is stuck

Darren Henderson darren at jasper.somtel.com
Fri Jan 1 17:57:07 CET 1999

When I originally set up mailman I pulled in some existing lists, the
files used for the membership lists had this string:

(Only addresses below this line can be automatically removed)

Unfortunaletly I didnt remove this and they got into the mailman lists and
kind of messed up the admin pages and could not be deleted from there.
With some help and some python sessions I was able to get those addresses
out of my membership lists...or so it appeared.

The last few months I've found the appended message in my mailbox when the
monthly stuff goes out. I grepped the mailman directory and find that
address in two of the list's config.db. However they're not showing up on
the admin pages.

How do I get rid of these?

A future enhancement that would keep these bogus addresses out of the list
would be benificial:)

Darren Henderson                              darren at jasper.somtel.com

                   Help fight junk e-mail, visit http://www.cauce.org/