[Mailman-Users] error compiling CVS copy from a few minutes ago

Vivek Khera khera at kciLink.com
Thu Feb 25 21:37:05 CET 1999

BAW> Please let me know how it goes!

The copy from CVS seems to work ok...

I did have a *lot* of confusion with restricting posting to only list
members.  It seems that the only way to make an "only members allowed
to post" list is to set "members_post_only" to yes, *and* put anything
into the box below it to allow other specific addresses to post.  I
just added "nobody at no.where".

If I set members_post_only to yes and leave the other box blank,
anyone can post.

If I set members_post_only to no and leave the other box blank,
*nobody* can post.

I suspect others will have similar problems with the terminology used,
unless this is a bug ;-)

Personally, I think if members_post_only is set to yes, then *only*
members should be allowed to post regardless of the setting of the
additional posters list.  This is a very common setting for mailing
lists (at least mine ;-)

Thanks!  I really like the HTML interface to config the lists... much
easier than anything else out there.  Now, the only feature missing
for me is an option to bounce messages rather than forcing them on the
moderator.

								v.