[Mailman-Users] new install error - 404 + newbie

Vivek Khera khera at kciLink.com
Wed Feb 24 20:09:37 CET 1999

JU> Thanks for all the help.  I'm still not out of the woods.
JU> I got the past the 'file not found' by a simple mistake.  I'll put it here
JU> for completness of the archive.  I just wasn't restarting the apache
JU> correctly

JU> the correct command:
JU> kill -HUP cat '/where-ever/exists/httpd.pid'

No.  It would be

kill -HUP `cat /where-ever/exists/httpd.pid`

Note the back-ticks, not forward quotes, and the cat is inside them.

Or, if you have a modern apache, "apachectl greaceful".

								v.