[Mailman-Users] Re: new install error - 404 + newbie

David Rocher davroc at hplb.hpl.hp.com
Tue Feb 23 12:05:20 CET 1999

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 04:16:06PM -0500, Alex Yu wrote:
> At 02:38 PM 1999/2/22 -0600, Joshua Udall wrote:
> >I added this to my srm.conf file:

add this :

<Directory /home/mailman/archives/public>
Options FollowSymLinks Indexes
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

and

<Directory /home/mailman/cgi-bin>
Options ExecCGI
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
</Directory>

if you want a complete control of your web space.

> I don't know if it is a bug or not, but here is how I do for public archives.

by default, all the archives files are private and become public just with a
symlink. the private archive are viewed vith the private cgi script. It's a
design with a lot of freedom.

 David.