[Mailman-Users] Problem: Reason held: Moderated list

Victoriano Giralt vic at vgg.sci.uma.es
Sat Feb 13 21:22:57 CET 1999

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Alex Yu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just setup the mailing list, but I have problem to send.  Myself is in
> the subscriber list.  When I sent the email to the list, it told me that
>
> Reason held:  Moderated list
>
> What does that mean?
It means that only posts approved by the list-owner or administrator, are
sent to the list.

Go to http://<your.mailman.host.domain>/mailman/admin/<listname>/privacy
(parts in angle brakets <> must be substituted for your real data)

and see if the first option in the General Posting Filters
Must posts be approved by an administrator? is set to Yes

If so, set it to No and give it a try.
--
Victoriano Giralt
Systems Programmer