[Mailman-Users] Messages silently disappearing

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Wed Feb 10 02:03:09 CET 1999

On Tue, 09 Feb 1999 17:47:53 -0700
Wes Morriston<morristo at stripe.colorado.edu> wrote:

> I did as you suggested.  All the directories in /home/mailman are
> now owned by mailman and all have the g+s setting.  I took the +s
> off of /usr/bin/python.  The result?  Messages silently disappear
> as before. Put the +s back on python, and they don't disappear.

Have you checked that the UID and GID that the mail is delivered to
MailMan under is correct?  Check your /etc/syslog.conf (wrapper
complains via syslogd if it gets the wrong thing, but if your syslog
is not set to log it then all bets are off), and perhaps insert a
little test program that just spits the UID and GID out to a log
file and then put that in your aliases file instead of wrapper.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
(Contractor)                             Internet: coder at kanga.nu
---------(*)                    Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...