[Mailman-Users] Bounces Issue - Revisit II

Dan Busarow dan at dpcsys.com
Fri Dec 17 18:04:45 CET 1999

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999, J C Lawrence wrote:
> Consider:  *ANYBODY*, right now, can bring your server to its knees
> with a mail storm.  Bad ju jus.  Configure your MTA to protect
> itself and your system.  Let your secondary MX'es, who are similarly
> configured, absorb peak loads.  Let the originating sites hold the
> mail in normal SMTP fashion until the peak has smoothed out a bit.

This volume isn't particularly high for straight sendmail/procmail
delivery.  We see higher during large spam runs.  But throw python
in the picture and things go down hill fast.  I'm sure it would be
worse if we were using perl as an MDA :)

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan at dpcsys.com