[Mailman-Users] merging archives?

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Fri Dec 17 01:01:36 CET 1999

I have a bunch of mailing list archives that I would like to merge into the
pipermail archives.  I noticed that my current mailing list is just kept as
an mbox format file.  Does it keep one of these per month, or does this file
grow indefinitely? (it must be one per month for perf reasons).

Is there an easy way for me to merge in my old archives?  Can I just copy
them to the directory?

The file names of the old archives are:
touring.9511
touring.9512
touring.9601
touring.9912

In my archive/private/touring.mbox directory I find the file:
touring.mbox

Can I just drop touring.9* over to touring.mbox and will pipermail find
them?  For this months stuff can I just merge the two files?

thanks,
alex