[Mailman-Users] Feature Request

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Thu Dec 16 19:25:56 CET 1999

I just setup a couple of lists using mailman and have been very impressed so
far.

Two features which I think would be really handy are:
1) It would be nice to have HTML filtering built into the list server.  I've
read of some of the filters which can be applied before mailman even sees
the mail.  My preference would be for a filter which can pull the plaintext
part of the email out of HTML/Mime encoded messages and discard the rest.

2) I have some users which like the [ListNameIsHere] tag and some who don't.
It would be nice to have this configurable as a per-user option.  The
difficulty here is that different versions of messages would need to be
generated for different users, and that most likely has a large impact on
the code that deals with the MTA.

thanks,
alex