[Mailman-Users] Importing Addresses, Announcement only Lists and other questions

Jerry Thomas jerry at scoregroup.com
Wed Dec 15 19:30:56 CET 1999

I have 5 questions.

1) All I need is a miling list program that does E-mail confirmation of
subscriptions and unsubscriptions with a web based front end for admin
and users,  is Mailman the best way to go?

1) I downloaded the mailman archive and set it up.  Now I need to import
a flat text file 0f 25,000 E-mail addresses.

2) The mailing list needs to be announcement only (only admin users are
allowd to post to the list).

3) I don't want any users to have to specify passwords at signup but
instead only use confirmation E-mails for subscription and
unsubscription.

4) Sendmail to me seems kind of inneficient with system resources can
anybody reccomend a good MTA that works well with mailman?

Please point to me to any documatation or archives that address this.

Jerry Thomas 		jerry at scoregroup.com
Network Administrator 	ph. (305) 662-5959 ext. 211
The Score Group		fax (305) 662-5952